Abricon Limited is an environmental consultancy founded in 1987 providing ecological solutions, carbon & sustainability services and environmental compliance services. We have over 30 years of experience in providing expert environmental consultancy services to developers, planners, architects, homeowners and public authorities in Bristol, South West and across the UK.
We are currently recruiting for a high-calibre ecologist to join the existing ecology team at a consultant ecologist or senior ecologist level. An exciting full-time position has become available due to the continued growth and success of the business, and the successful candidate will be joining a well-established company near Bristol specialising in environmental consultancy. You will be providing support in all aspects of the ecology teams work. This is a busy role, which involves dealing with a wide range of matters, sometimes of a confidential nature and will include interaction with clients. The post holder must be able to prioritise effectively and work to tight deadlines on his/her own initiative.
Roles & responsibilities (exact responsibilities will depend on the experience of the successful candidate)
- Manage ecology projects;
- Be able to work independently and undertake ecological fieldwork at sites throughout the UK;
- Prepare fee proposals for new projects;
- Report writing;
- Resource management, timekeeping and budgeting;
- Liaise with clients, other organisations and lead ecology team members to promote strong working relationships and effective communication;
- Desk based tasks which may include carrying out data searches, data analysis and evaluation of results, impact assessments;
- Design and implementation of mitigation strategies, including the production and submission of EPS licence applications;
Essential skills and qualifications
- Experience in environmental/ecological consultancy (minimum of 3 years);
- Experience of undertaking ecological surveys in the UK, with a detailed knowledge of UK ecology and survey techniques;
- Experience in the design and implementation of mitigation works;
- The ability to prepare reports to the highest standard;
- Thorough understanding of UK nature conservation legislation and planning policy;
- Experience of client liaison and preparation of quotes;
- Ability and willingness to travel for survey work and to work away from home;
- Current UK driving licence and access to own vehicle;
- An ecological degree or related subject (or equivalent experience).
- Licenses to survey for protected species;
- Experience of writing and submitting successful European Protected Species Licence applications;
- Have held licenses issued by Natural England/ Natural Resources Wales to permit works affecting protected species (such as bats, great crested newts, dormice and badgers)
- Experience of preparing ecological chapters of Environmental Impact Assessments
Salary Range: dependent on experience
Please apply with CV and covering letter to:firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is 1st March 2019.
Interviews will be held in March/April 2019.